Sunday, February 12, 2012

happy skiiers

It's a sad, sad season for snow, but that didn't stop us from being happy skiiers! Marvin took Maddie and Ike up Bogus Basin's opening weekend (sadly enough, that was the first weekend in February) and the whole family skied the next Friday. We whisked the kids from school as the closing bell rang, driving straight to the slopes. Gorgeous weather and fresh powder pumped our energy. Maddie, Sage, and Ike followed and encouraged Dallin a few runs before ditching the bunny slopes for faster and higher terrain. They did so well and already improved from last season.







I wore skis to help Dallin and was SUPER nervous...the blind leading the blind. I was never a good skier and didn't enjoy hitting the slopes until I started snowboarding. But our night worked out. He skied between my skis while I held his "ski bum" backpack. We rode the magic carpet two times before he begged "I want to ride the chair." When the sun set, Dallin and I retired to the car to warm up (I forgot my coat and wore snow pants with a hoodie - nice) while the rest kept going until 8 PM. Snow fun!

No comments: