A long Thanksgiving weekend was spent in Logan Utah enjoying the attention of Oma and Papa! Just before leaving we convinced them to open a "Christmas" gift - an advent we made with sentiments and pictures so they wouldn't miss us too much this holiday season. We really did have to convince my parents to open it while we were there, suggesting it every day and not until the last day did they acquiesce; I guess they are serious about Christmas gifts being opened only on Christmas... next year we'll know not to call it a Christmas present. haha!
While we feasted in Logan, missing Great Grandpa Grant on Thanksgiving Day, we spent "Black Day" as Dallin calls it up at the cabin setting up Christmas and playing with all the fun toys. No snow, though! It was so warm outside, the kids played in t-shirts.
When all eight of us squeezed into Great Grandpa's assisted-living apartment, Sage played Christmas violin music to the delight of Grandpa, who kept calling her a "virtuousa!" Then he showered us with story after story from the war or growing up. I have not seen him so talkative! The kids loved it, though and I wish I recorded it. Black Friday shopping caught up with me and sitting in Grandpa's warm room did not stop my bobbing head and droopy eyelids.
Christmas festivities and decorations are in full swing. The fresh tree was lit and decorated today! I'm in charge of the RS Christmas party in a couple days, a Refugee party that we help with each year is this week, as is the ward Christmas party. I loved the First Presidency Devotional and the message to be grateful receivers and give gifts of love. It's the most wonderful time of year!

No comments:
Post a Comment