Last weekend we camped in Garden Valley - about an hour north - at our friend's family property. Perfect because there was a bathroom and kitchen inside the barn and nice grass upon which to set our tent; although we only used those things for emergencies. We did enjoy a fire with foil dinners, marshmallows, and banana boats. The kids discovered that Dallin screams at the top of his lungs if you make a scream face at him - so they pushed this button over and over. And again. It did come in handy for the scary camp stories, though. It rained through dinner and part of the night until clearing for this gorgeous sunset. The kids slept really well in the tent (Note Ike still asleep in the above photos).
The reason for the whole camping experience was this race my friend and I signed up for - the "Payette River Experience." It turned out to be quite humorous: a non-existent pancake breakfast; we got to the start late, after all the racers had started about 7 minutes prior; I wore the wrong shoes; the elusive "post race pasta buffet" for which no one at the event knew where it was and lead us all over trying to find it. Finally someone knew - it was at a restaurant in Crouch called "the Longhorn" and we hoped our meal vouchers still worked. And they did; the pizza was delicious. Then the race results listed me as DNF (did not finish). On the way home, Maddie sweetly said, "Mom I heard you came in last for your race. That's okay at least you finished." Marvin and the kids didn't see me race (messy diaper story) . . . but I DID finish the 10K and I didn't even come in last place (5th from last)!
2 comments:
I'm glad you slept on your camping trip. The few times we tried caming Kaylee didn't sleep so we decided camping isn't worth it right now...
Glad you finished your race despite the difficulty!
HA!!! That is hillarious about your race. Good Job!
Post a Comment