

Maddie's second -ever gymnastic meet was February 5th in Nampa (an out-of-town meet. technically. Nampa is next to Eagle). . .What I would consider her first "real" meet since the other was was hosted by her gym, IN her gym) . . . this meet was held at a private university NNU. Maddie and Mom attended this late night meet, while Dad, Sage, Ike, and Dallin played at the park and enjoyed home. I am amazed that Maddie can perform on the beam, her first event, while music and noise is going on all around! Her skills continue to improve . . . I think she scored better this meet than on her last, although I forgot to look at some of the scores. Anyway, on her third event - vault - she jammed her back on the first attempt; vaulted again with better form; then performed on the bars. I noticed she was limping during her start for bars but she got through the routine. Then she limped to the event trainer rubbing her back. It turns out her sacroiliac joint was out of place; she stretched and iced Maddie's back and then we limped to the awards ceremony where Maddie placed 10th in all events and 9th in vault. There were some out of state gymnasts; lots of competitors at this event, but Maddie really enjoyed the experience. The trainer said Maddie was pretty tough to still compete with this injury.
1 comment:
Ouch! Good work, Maddie! What a trooper!
Post a Comment