Thursday, May 20, 2010

Uncle Chops and Mari got married!

okay... as you probably can guess, I LOVE receptions. What can be better than a party exquisitely planned and decorated with delicious food and good company... and all I have to do is show up and enjoy it?? Yes, please! I'm still dying over the details on this one. Mari's good friend is an event planner and he's planning another cousin's wedding in August (I am SOOOO looking forward to what he comes up with, and of course seeing the bride & groom :). You should definitely check out the photographer's pictures - IN.CRED.IBLE!! She has listed all the vendor info, etc. etc. and her pictures are dreamy, too. If only I had found the perfect outfit...
littlewunders.com
search "Mari & Richard's wedding" - check out both posts

but FIRST - check out my pictures so you can enjoy them before seeing what real ones should look like...

Marvin and the parents - We love spending time with them! They are so thoughtful and shower the kids with attention.

Coming out of his shell, Dallin preferred the security of the stroller for a good part of the day.

the closest I came to capturing all the kids together * sigh *

So cute - the Chapmans - wish they lived closer (and I think they got my not-so-subtle hints over the weekend)

The dinner event included great speeches by the parents and Marvin, the couple, and a bride's hula.

Ike with one of MANY trips to the dessert buffet. The mini creme brulee and mochi were my favorites.

Mari's sister Melanie on the left, and cousin Shawna on the right - my girls ADORE them and hope to see them again. We might just have to visit Hawaii!

the sisters are complete - I couldn't have picked out better ones myself!


Maddie took this one:


One of the roommates hoisted Ike for the garter toss - he loved it! Grandpa also caught a picture of me grabbing Ike just in the nick of time - he almost jumped into the bouquet toss as well.


Decorating Uncle Chop's car... after his roommates, we kids added the finishing touches - more oreos, shaving cream on the wheels, messages on the windows...



And I have to mention the sealing was AMAZING. The bride's family friend is the Hawaii temple president, which was closed for renovations, and I will never forget it. Meet me in the temple and we can discuss :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

That looks like the best time! I loved the wedding colors, so fresh!

Melanie and Jake said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding!!Your kids always look so cute.