Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whirlwind weekend of weddings

April 22-25th = Party weekend with the family! Since it happened a month ago, a quick rundown of the festivities to start:
o Rehearsal dinner and meet the Bride's family
o Dinosaur museum and Thanksgiving Point
o Bride's BYU graduation
o Bridal shower for the girls... In'n'Out and go-karts for the guys
o Kiku and Tyler's wedding reception in Provo
o Cousin Todd's baby blessing in Lehi
o Uncle Chops and Mari get married in SLC
o Fancy dinner in Draper
o Uncle Chops and Mari Reception

Grandma and Grandpa flew in with the Chapman's from Florida and we drove down from Boise to both arrive in SLC around 1:00 AM on Thursday, the 22nd. The cousins were so excited to see each other; it had been since last July. It felt like we went from party to party and I didn't bring enough fancy clothes for me or the girls. We loved every minute of it! Although I didn't get pictures of some of the favorites - like the girls (Emi, Sage, and Maddie) getting to attend their first bridal shower! They were incredibly giddy about going and we enjoyed yummy hawaiian fare. I also didn't get a picture of Kiku and the girls...or their new auntie and uncle with them... actually I could go on and on about the pictures I didn't get but I'll spare you the list. Here are a few from Kiku's reception:

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5473535540274740930" />

Marvin's grandma is so cute - always happy; plays a smart game of chicken foot or crowns.


the proud parents - Uncle Rich and Auntie Na - you'd never guess they planned this whole thing in another State and that she had major foot surgery recently:



The kids LOVED this guy's dance moves - they had so much fun! The bride and groom are part of the folk dance team and some of the company also danced, which we so enjoyed.



can you tell we enjoy this place?



The dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. This is the erosion room (aka sand and water get messy station)




the cousins - minus Gavin



on the balcony with Grandpa, grilling tri-tip for the rehearsal dinner. Doesn't the rental have such a lovely view of Utah valley?


I guess I'll have to save Mari + Richard's wedding for next post...

No comments: