Saturday, July 10, 2010

a RICH cowboy + preschool graduation






I neglected to post Isaac's fun Preschool Graduation last May. Isaac looked so cute wearing the cap and singing songs. I loved the Pledge of Allegiance the class sang and signed along with some music. Ike knew it really well and concentrated hard. Prior to graduation, the class created pictures of what they wanted to be when they grow up. Ike was second to last (of the graduating five) so we heard about the noble and brave things these cute kids aspired to one day - a firefighter, doctor, teacher... then Isaac wouldn't get up to present his so Mrs. Amber relayed that Isaac knew right away what he wanted to be. He told her "I want to be RICH when I grow up." When pressed further he explained "I'll be a rich cowboy with lots of money and gold." Then she showed his picture where half the page is a bag of gold held by this cowboy. Usually Isaac turns out picture after picture of cars... that's ALL he draws... so I was quite surprised when his teacher showed this detailed picture of a bright yellow bag with many, many yellow coins drawn, held by a fine looking cowboy. Of course the room was laughing and we couldn't help ourselves either. Such pride Marvin and I felt knowing that we raise our kids with correct priorities. haha, I guess now that we have the essentials down, we should teach him proper uses for the money (giving)!

1 comment:

Melanie and Jake said...

I love that cowboy picture!