Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Marvin's Birthday



Awful pictures via the phone...sorry. I've slacked lately on the pictures.

As my goal this month has been to nix treats and candy with the ONE exception of Marvin's birthday (you know you have a problem when you are eating brownies for breakfast :( I had to take action), I have been looking forward to the 25th all month. I made a triple-layered ice cream cake, complete with ganache, but left it waiting patiently in the freezer. However, we had to wait another day to enjoy it and even the kids were disappointed by the delay. Friday night Marvin and I went out to PF Chang's with a few couples for a lovely night. Saturday, per the birthday boy's request, the whole family skiied at Bogus Basin (about 45 min. away). I was a little nervous wearing skiis, something I have not worn since Middle School... but it worked out okay because my binding broke and Dallin only wanted to ski two times down the slope. Even though the weather was thickly snowing and heavy wet snow blanketed the ground, it was good fun family time. After skiing, we sang, ate, and opened presents and cards. Marvin enjoyed an early birthday gift by cat skiing with friends a couple weekends ago at Brundage.

Sage

Maddie

Dallin



Marvin and I hope in a few years this hard work will pay off, as we will carve down the mountain together as a family, leaving snow sprays and angst behind us.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I instantly began salivating when I saw that cake. Please send one our way. Thanks. :)