Wednesday, August 19, 2009

11th Anniversary


Last week we celebrated our 11th year of marriage - wohoo!! I can honestly say it keeps getting better and better. Every day I feel so blessed to be married to such an amazing man; to have four stunning children (stunning in many ways); to live in such an amazing period of time . . . I just feel so blessed.

So, we had no definitive plans to celebrate this year (or the previous years, for that matter- planning ahead is not our strong point). It was a busy day for me, but imagine my surprise when there were flowers in the morning, a phone call later in the day saying he arranged for a babysitter ( a first, I might add ), and then plans for the evening. Splendid! We ate at Mai Thai (delicious), then mountain biked a Hidden Springs trail. My first time officially mountain biking went well, I think. No major pains. The bumps and rocks are scary, downhill pumps your arms. . . but overall exceptionally fun. I think we'll go again. And to state the obvious: I am very timid compared to Marvin's expertise and practically gliding down the foothills. He spent some time sweetly waiting for me. Oh - and the sun set as we biked amid great valley views.

I only wish I had a picture from that night. We happen to share our anniversary with my mom's birthday - August 13th. Happy Birthday MOM!!

Above picture: what happens when you glide down mountains . . . the evidence of an early morning ride a few weeks ago.

No comments: