Sunday, December 13, 2009

snow fun





First snow of the season last week and it keeps coming. It's as though the kids forgot about snow, they were incredibly excited waking up to it's white blanket. Still walking to school in the morning, but now with single digit temps, I laugh as the kids endlessly find icicles, "fresh" snow to lick, snow balls and powder to kick around, and randomly lay down to make snow angels. Dallin stays hooked to my right hip, though, and only after watching and waiting for at least 15 minutes can I put him down. When it {finally} snowed again a few days later, Sage repeated "I LOVE fresh snow!" Sahe said to Ike while glancing longingly out the window "There's nothing better than fresh snow, right?" Ike : "Yeah." Today Marvin tied two boogie boards together to hold Maddie, Ike, and Sage then towed them up and down the streets, whipping them around. Dallin let us pull him slowly around on a board, and he even relinguished the toy car he always holds, to grab onto the board. Then on the way to Church, as we drive into the parking lot, the kids confidently proclaim: "Snow is God . . . Slush is Satan." "Don't step in the Satan." And "watch out for Satan" as we head into the building.

Other news: Marvin was invited this morning to sing in a quartet for our Sunday program this afternoon, which he did really well on such short notice. And I celebrated my fast Sunday birthday last week without changing a single diaper and we enjoyed some chocolate mint cake. Hooray for birthdays!

1 comment:

acte gratuit said...

Just got your very cute picture--THANKS!
Ours is coming late this year...we just ordered them!

My kids are dying to get some snow on the ground. It's been a really "dry" winter so far. I'm content to wait!
:)

Good to hear from you! Glad you have a blog now!