


Marvin and I canned for our FIRST time ever!! I made "Little Joe" sauce and then we borrowed our neighbor's outdoor burner and pot to boil the jars. It was thrilling to hear the lids "Pop" and seal, as silly as that sounds for us to be excited about that, of all things. I've been baking for every organization, it seems, along with birthdays and trying to use the garden produce that comes our way... I feel like bakerella (a name I came across - so fitting!). I dehydrated pears in the oven, slow roasted cherry and pear tomatoes with garlic, chopped 20+ jalapenos to freeze (and burned my hands in the process - ouch!), made fresh salsa... in addition to keeping up with the hungry mouths to feed.
1 comment:
Way to go!
I have canned once, but I don't know if it really counts since I did it at a ward members house and she got everything ready and helped a lot.
Post a Comment