






This turned out to be a party week for Maddie the birthday girl! It started last Saturday at my parent's home with special spumoni cake and early gifts. At gymnastics on Tuesday, she crawled under the birthday spanks tunnel. . . although she begged us not to do it. The official birthday was Wed the 23rd, for which she brought mint brownies to school. We opened a couple presents that night - a CTR ring, sport helmet, and boots and necklace (opened earlier in Logan). Friday she chose Cheesecake Factory for dinner (hooray for gift certificates!), after which the girls turned over some hard -earned cash and birthday money to get ears pierced. I still can't believe we let them do it, but I'm glad they could share that experience. Saturday brought a fun birthday party at Danik Gym . . . the girls (+Ike) loved playing around on all the equipment and they sang "happy birthday" while under the parachute! Maddie showed us her recent backhandspring skill. I'm amazed at how's she progressed lately with gymnastics and she really enjoys it. The birthday cake Maddie requested was angel food cake. . . yum! I'm glad she could celebrate in so many ways this special birthday. Now she looks forward anxiously to her baptism in less than two weeks! On her birthday she exclaimed with a sigh "I'm finally EIGHT!"
1 comment:
What a fun birthday!! I sure wish there was a Cheesecake factory in Lubbock!
Happy Birthday Maddie!
Post a Comment