School started August 30th, a happy Monday, and chillier than most mornings. The girls seemed ready to start school again, yet we're all a little sad summer must come to an end! This year the girls will attend two different schools, but thankfully they are right across the street from each other.
MADDIE - I cannot believe she's in fourth grade now! That's two years away from middle school, yikes. Mrs. Bivens was the last teacher she wanted but after the first day came home super excited because her teacher rides dirt bikes and horses. Another big bonus for Maddie is the PLANNER each fourth grader receives. Maddie said "Mrs. Bivens is big about organization" and took this is as a goal to be more organized this year. Orchestra starts this year as well, which Maddie will play the violin. She has taken lessons - along with Sage - since last April, but I was surprised that Maddie's music teacher placed her in the 5th grade orchestra. Maddie catches on to the theory and memorization well, but I think piano might be a better fit in the long run. Too bad piano or band aren't offered during school. Maddie attends Galileo Math & Science Magnet School.
SAGE - Did NOT want to switch schools, to say the least. She was familiar with the other one, and had met the teacher already when we learned that an opening for Sage was available at North Star Charter - to which we have applied each year and not made the lottery. Two solid hours I bargained and pleaded until finally Sage agreed to take a tour of the school. Which we did and after the tour she told me, "I'd like to go here (the new school)." I think the teacher's pet bearded dragon lizard turned the tables for her. Ms.Miley greets the class each morning, "Good Morning First Graders!" and gives each child a hug! Sage likes school and has made one good friend. This is a test year for us with this school... I won't go into all the pros/cons.... we'll see how it turns out. The good thing is that since we have a child in each school, next year when Isaac enters Kindergarten, we will have two schools from which to choose.
Well, the boys and I missed the girls being away! Ike and Dallin rely so much on following their sisters' lead, they didn't know what to do without them home. I thought that having the girls at school would be a nice break, but I missed having them around, too!
1 comment:
What are all of these different schools? Why did Sage switch? They look cute in their school clothes!
Post a Comment