Saturday, November 21, 2009

first gymnastic meet





The family supported Maddie's first gymnastic meet yesterday, Friday Nov. 20th! She competed in balance beam, vault, and floor routine, but not bars. Although it lasted from 6-10 PM, she enjoyed the evening festivities. Dad and the kids lasted for a few hours playing around in the pit and small toy center but went home around 8:30 after watching two events. A long night and not even done when we left. I'm surprised by how collected Maddie performed. . . I was nervous for her! I overheard her ask her coaches right before a couple events if she could cut-out this and cut-out that, but they wouldn't let her and she did just fine. Especially on the balance beam I thought would be difficult - it was 9:30 PM, the last event, she only ate a snack at 5, she must be exhausted - but she did fine. I think she scored highest on vault . . . she was so fast my camera barely captured her legs in air (on the first picture). haha. That's her coach, Jamie, giving pointers after her first vault. Check out the team ensemble - complete with matching duffel bag. The jacket and leo are bejeweled and GORGEOUS ! And rightfully so for the cost. Probably more than any outfit I own but at least we can recoup the cost when we sell.

1 comment:

Melanie and Jake said...

Way to go Maddie!! You look great!