Thursday, January 6, 2011

decking our halls . . . December recap

Helpful elves delivered scrumptious goodies to neighbors and friends...



Mini-stocking advent calendar created & embellished by the elves . . . (I resisted the urge to interfere too much and hope the imperfections become endearing rather than annoying) ((any ideas on how to display this? This year it hung like a clothesline but I would like something else for next year))



Dallin and Dad had the privilege of picking out the tree. Marvin & I were privileged to squeeze it through the front door twice during installation; the second time for a good thick-trunk shaving.






A tree- decorating party ensued with the elves given full-reign and chairs to assist. I think they did a pretty good job and rather enjoyed spying clumps of ornaments to guess the author. It turns out Dallin preferred clumps of icicles and Isaac clusters of balls.



Our shiny tree! You'll notice the tree skirt purposefully left bare (the other bare spots were not purposeful - we ran out of lights). The presents were kept above the armoire in the next room, although a two-day trial run of a few gifts left under the tree proved successful.




No comments: