New Year's Eve Day we tromped around Zoo Boise, fighting off the cold and hoping to find animals not hibernating. We saw giraffes, monkeys, frogs, beautiful big birds, tigers (amazingly close), penguins, and one puffy porcupine. Having the zoo to ourselves might have been worth the cold weather - we passed five other brave souls during our two+ hours.



New Year's Eve Marvin & I played with friends for a couple hours, sort of a bon-voyage party for our brave friends the Christensen's. They took their family of four boys and one year old darling girl on a six month tour of our wonderful States in an motorhome. It was emotional and awesome to send them off the next day on this exciting adventure!
New Year's day we prepared Japanese food for Shogatz. Maddie makes inarizushi (aka footballs). Our friends enjoyed their quick trip to Japan eating temaki-sushi, yakisoba, crunchy chicken salad, and mochi cake.


Haha! Check out Marvin serving the noodles on the right side, above Maddie's head. The boys were hilarious at dinner. This is a first for them to sit side-by-side and they rather enjoyed themselves... laughing about the noodles and their sushi creations, jostling each other off the seat... lots of animated conversation at this table. Oh, I also need to mention that we used our plates to serve the sushi toppings, so we ate on paper. I'm sure I offended the Kitchen God.
. . . AND, finally! The annual under-the-stocking pictures :: although I took about 50, none turned out with them all looking the same direction. Oh well.



No comments:
Post a Comment